Oct 29, 2010

Guest Post: Kenan and Kel

Thanks for the post, Nora Howe

On Nickelodeon back in the 1990s, they had a lot of awesome shows. One of them was called All That! which was a lot like Saturday Night Live. On this show there were two cast members who really stood out from the rest: Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.

Kenan and Kel had their own skits but they also had a lot of sketches that they did together. Because of this, they gained a reputation and popularity as a team. They eventually got their own show called "Kenan and Kel" which proved to be a hit right off the bat. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I still watch Kenan and Kel on satellite TV from tvbydirect.com even though I am in my twenties.
This show was hilarious even though it had a cliche sitcom setup. Kenan was the level-headed one, to an extent, and Kel was a crazy character who was always messing things up. He was an excellent actor and played his part perfectly. One of Kel's catch phrases was "I do, I do, I do, I do-ooo" in response to Kenan's query "Who loves Orange Soda?". Kel was clearly a sucker for Orange Soda and it was something that viewers looked forward to seeing and hearing every episode. All in all, Kenan and Kel was a really funny television show.

No comments:

Eric%20FryeQuantcast
Related Posts with Thumbnails