Mar 12, 2009

Jingle Writing: My Next Big Thing?

I think I've been inspired to take a new path when it comes to music. But that's if, and only if, I can get the person who wrote the song for the commercial below to mentor me.



I can't help but laugh out loud every time this commercial comes on tv. And I've been watching way too much tv lately and it's on all the time.

All joking aside, jingle writing has always been there in the back of my mind as something to consider. It's fun, you get a chance to be insanely creative as well as a chance to create something that is ridicolously catchy and memorable. Prime example: "Give me back that Filet 'O Fish, give me that fish..."

True, no one knows the mastermind behind the genius that is these catchy commericals that make you want a Filet 'O Fish, or a Pepsi, or State Farm car insurance. I mean, how many of you know what the late Sidney E. Woloshin made popular in 1971? (Unless you're a trivia genius you probably wouldn't have known he was behind McDonald's "You Deserve A Break Today"
as well as State Farm's "Like A Good Neighbor State Farm Is There".

Really, if I could write something as catchy and stupid as that Filet 'O Fish song, I'd be a very wealthy man...in my heart. (Wow, cheesy.) Well, probably in my wallet too.

Rock on!

No comments:

Eric%20FryeQuantcast
Related Posts with Thumbnails