Apr 29, 2009

I'm Back Baby (Random Pics)

Not sure if it's a good thing but I'm back at "home" in Kansas. I spent the last week cruising around New England, wearing a monkey suit for a wedding, visiting the family, and flying on various sized airplanes from airport to airport while trying to avoid the swine flu.

(I'd never flown on anything as big as a 757 before and that on-flight entertainment is key! I listened to some 70's and 80's tunage, watched some Two and Half Men and 30 Rock, and also listened to the captain talk to air traffic control. It's cool stuff.)

I say I'm not sure if it's a "good thing" that I'm back here in Kansas because of the habits I've gotten myself into. I was hoping the trip back to my real home (or at least original home) would change things but I'm seeing myself sink into that same old routine no sooner than this morning after getting back late last night.

I didn't so much as open my lyric book the whole trip and my guitar is still in her bed. So sad. Overall the trip went well though. We flew into Portland, Maine. Had to do some driving between Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. They look close together but there are a lot of roads and trees among all three.

I got to see most of my family, KJ's family, and even my little nephew. (Yeah, he's a cat.) Also had a chance to visit the old alma mater, the University of Maine. It's always interesting checking out the old workplace, Alfond Arena. Got to chat with the former boss and see all
the crazy changes that have taken place since I've been there. Of course, it's almost May so there was no ice.

I'm rambling, I apologize. I just wanted to say that I'm back and ready to get back in the swing of things. Hopefully not too in the swing of things because my old habits are killing me. It's not making me music and sure as hell isn't getting me a job.

Keep rockin', I've got some catching up to do. I need to unpack, do laundry, some random cleaning, and watch lots of tv shows on the DVR.

No comments:

Eric%20FryeQuantcast
Related Posts with Thumbnails