Nov 5, 2010

Guest Post: Special Showings At The Movie Theater

My theater here in town has some great events throughout the year that draw a pretty good crowd. About once every month they will hold some sort of throwback movie marathon night. One of the best events that they had was a throwback to the popular 1980s teen movies. They did a marathon where they showed "The Goonies", "Pretty in Pink", and "The Breakfast Club." It was so much fun seeing movies that I loved as a teen on the big screen again!

The really neat thing about it was that I got to bring my daughter who shockingly had never even heard of those movies! She turned her nose up to the idea at first but ended up having a great time. Another favorite event that stands out in my mind was when my theater hosted a tribute to the Beatles. They had an entire night of showings including rare music videos and some live performances by great Beatles cover bands. Tonight they are doing a midnight viewing of the original "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies. I plan on setting my home security alarm (check it out) for peace of mind since I'll be gone all night and getting there early to get a front row seat! My daughter is coming along tonight too, I can't wait to see her reaction to the movies!

No comments:

Eric%20FryeQuantcast
Related Posts with Thumbnails